The Baltimore Police Department official Web Site. Serving the City of Baltimore, Maryland.

Accessibility Options
Javascript must be enabled to use the accessibility options.
Page Header
Site Navigation [skip navigation]

Site Page Trail:
Page: Home.  Page:  Contact Us.  Page:  FAQs.  Page:  Contacting the BPD for Non-Emergencies.  Page:  How do I file a complaint about an officer?.

How do I file a complaint about an officer?  

A citizen wishing to make a complaint against a police officer may do so by emailing the Internal Investigations Division at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
or by going to any police facility. You may not be turned away or instructed to go to another location to lodge your complaint.

If you do not wish to file a complaint at a police facility, you may file a complaint directly to the Internal Investigations Division in person, or by calling (410) 396-2300

If you prefer, you may file a complaint against a police officer in person or by calling any of the following locations:

Internal Investigations Division
2526 Kirk Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
(410) 396-2300

Human Relations Commission
6 Saint Paul Street
Balimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 767-8600

Community Relations Commission
10 North Calvert Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 396-3141

Legal Aid Bureau
500 E. Lexington Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 539-5340

If you are turned away from the police facility, request to see a supervisor and request the name and badge number of the Police Officer refusing to take your complaint.

Citizens are reminded that complaints of Excessive Force must be made within 90 days and that all complaints of Excessive Force, Discourtesy, or Harrasment must be put in writing on a Civilian Review Board form and sworn to before an official authorized to administer an oath. (Members of the Internal Investigations Division can notarize these complaints.)

A citizen's complaint will be reduced to writing and an investigation will be conducted.

* Making a false statement, report or complaint is punishable by a fine of $500, or 6 months imprisonment, or both, in accordance with Article 27, Section 150.

Updated: 02/27/15; 9:33 am

Footer Menu