File A Police Report Online
By Central Records
Friday, June 8, 2012; 10:26 am
Welcome to the Baltimore Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. This online system allows you to submit your report immediately and print a copy of the police report.
To make your report on line, every one of the following statements must be true:
1. This is not an emergency.
2. The incident occurred within Baltimore City limits.
3. There are no known suspects.
4. The incident did not occur on a State freeway.
(See Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions if you have any questions about these statements.)
If you answered “yes” to all four statements, you are ready to file your report online.
Make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
When you finish making your report, you will see these words: "Your online police report has been submitted." You can print a copy of your report to keep for your records, and you will be given a temporary police report case number.
Once your report has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a Permanent Report Number. This is the number used within the Police Department to track your report. You must have a Permanent Report Number to follow up on the incident you reported.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Use the Baltimore Police Department Online Citizen Reporting System to report the following incidents:
|Theft ||Illegal Dumping||Lost Property|
|Vandalism to Vehicle ||Theft From Vehicle||Vandalism to Property|
click here to start your report
Updated: 11/05/13; 1:42 pm